About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two girls and live in a two hundred year old house in a Dorset village. I love to bake, knit and sew. I love social history and collect vintage everything, I sell the overspill on Etsy

Sunday, April 26, 2009

In and out the Dusty Bluebells......



Looking out at the garden on this rainy day, I can see a blue haze. The bluebells are out in force and the smell is heavenly. I have a bunch in a vase, in front of me as I type.
They remind me of the old playground game that we used to play-
In and out the dusty bluebells,
In and out the dusty blue bells,
In and out the dusty bluebells,
Who will be my master?
Pitter patter,
pitter patter,
on your shoulder.
Pitter patter,
pitter patter,
on your shoulder.
Pitter patter,
pitter patter,
on your shoulder.
You will be my master.

All sung and played while weaving in and out of the people in the little circle.
Happy innocent days, well before the advent of ipods and computers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How time flies, only seems like yesterday even being at school, bluebells look lovely

Anonymous said...

I used to play that at junior school in Wiltshire too! Did each 'master' chosen then join on the back of the last person, until there was quite a train going in and out of the arches?