About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two girls and live in a two hundred year old house in a Dorset village. I love to bake, knit and sew. I love social history and collect vintage everything, I sell the overspill on Etsy

Wednesday, April 08, 2009



We went to the beach at Burton Bradstock on Sunday, Issy is back from Uni for Easter, Iona has two weeks holiday. After walking the length of the beach, with Issy complaining about her feet (flimsy London shoes) we retired to The Hive Cafe for cakes and sandwiches.
My, it was busy, busy, busy but the fresh crab sandwiches were worth the wait.
The Hive Cafe is one of Dorset's real treasures, we used to go there before the weekenders discovered it.
The food is slow to arrive but we didn't mind waiting, the cakes, which come in enormous proportions are utterly divine ,particularly the chocolate fudge cake.
The beach is not safe for swimming, due to the deep sheling and undercurrents, but great for a good, bracing walk.
The rock formations are spectacular. This is part of the Jurrasic coast.

Above you can see my Border Collie enjoying the beach.

And Billy Bragg lives on the cliffs, what more could one want, especially a rehabilitated punk

No comments: