About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two girls and live in a two hundred year old house in a Dorset village. I love to bake, knit and sew. I love social history and collect vintage everything, I sell the overspill on Etsy

Friday, February 24, 2012

Promise of Spring

It is the end of February and in England we are enjoying a spell of warm, balmy weather. Spring is on it's way.
On my walk today I saw the first wildflowers of the year, Snowdrops

In the hedge, Hazel catkins waving in the warm breeze


January and early February are my least favourite months of the year filled with painful anniversaries but once I am over the hurdle of the 8th February, I have my birthday to look forward to, then Mothers Day which is March 18th in England, then Easter and then summer.
The trouble with days like today is that the sunlight shows every speck of dust so I have started on my spring cleaning. Soon I will be able to hang the washing on the line. Oh the excitement (!)

No comments: