About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two girls and live in a two hundred year old house in a Dorset village. I love to bake, knit and sew. I love social history and collect vintage everything, I sell the overspill on Etsy

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Treats



I have never been much of a "girly" girl, always more interested in reading, creating, horses etc to take much notice of skincare and make up. 
I have been blessed with good skin and have only really taken a real interest in skincare over the past two or three years. As I am getting older this has changed, possibly due to panic!

I am a member of a US forum and during a discussion on favourite beauty products someone posted about receiving their Birchbox, What was this? A small subscription and you get a boxful of samples of high end products- but Birchbox don't exist in the UK.  However I did some research and found that there are several companies in Europe that provide the same service.

I read lots of blogs and decided to have a go and chose Glossybox  I had my first box in February and loved the contents so I ordered another one for March (I read that it had a Harrods theme) and this came today in the mail



I opened it (of course)

Look at the ribbon! I must think of a way to use that.


I unwrapped it and found all this.






A tiny bottle of Versace Vanitas



A pale nude shade of Leighton Denny nail polish, officially called Honey Trap. I love these nude shades, with some nail whitener they are a lazy girl's version of a French manicure


Never used "firming cream" before. How does it work? If it does work I could certainly do with it!




Now this is almost edible it smells so good, it feels great on my skin and it is a good sized sample.




This little gem of a pot of face cream has incredible reviews at Make-up Alley so I am going to try it.

Not everyone has been as happy as me with their boxes. For once I must have been lucky with mine and I am going to treat my Mum to a box and will certainly order the next one.










No comments: