About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two girls and live in a two hundred year old house in a Dorset village. I love to bake, knit and sew. I love social history and collect vintage everything, I sell the overspill on Etsy

Monday, March 26, 2012

In my Kitchen...

A sure sign that summer is on it's way and we are having a lovely taste of it now. I  love the smell of fresh Basil and it always makes me think of this wonderful painting by PreRaphaelite artist William Holman Hunt, luckily my pot of Basil is not to conceal the severed head of my husband!


On a brighter note I made lemon cupcakes yesterday to celebrate my eldest daughters first day of full time adult work. This is her on her first day of school, she is 23 now, I do not know where the time has gone...





Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment, I love comments


1 comment:

Rachael said...

Yes, where do those years go?
Basil looks nice, cakes looks very tempting too.